Sadly, one of the most common forms of criticism experienced is self-criticism. This 99.9% of the time takes us back to our childhood when we heard that we weren't good enough, not smart enough, not cute enough and many other things. We simply weren't able as a kid to have strong healthy boundaries, and to know that it wasn't true. Sadly, when kids here these things they REALLY absorb it (even though false) and they continue to feed this crap to themselves even as adults and it's not benefitting anyone . Anytime someone criticizes us in a hurtful -- it's all about them! So maintain your healthy boundaries and stay grounded in YOUR truth -- not the poor behavior of others. Who cares what they think!
So let's choose to shift to love and acceptance of ourselves and others, and know that we are all perfectly imperfect no matter what!
Some great quotes from others!
1) (Constructive) "Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things." -- Winston Churchill
2) "Criticism, like rain, should be gentle enough to nourish a man's growth without destroying his roots." -- Frank Clark
3) "Do what you feel in your heart to be right. For you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
4) Learn to see the difference between constructive and destructive criticism. Appreciate the constructive, ignore the destructive. -- John Douglas
5) "Those who (constructively) criticize you directly for your faults are your friends, not those who appear nice even when you're wrong." -- Dezhung Rinponche
6) "When you are not attached to praise or criticism, an interesting FREEDOM is yours." -- Kute Blackson